May 1, 2011
10 interesting things about Lionel Messi
1. Messi was born in Rosario, Argentina, on June 24, 1987.
2. Rosario is also the birthplace of South American revolutionary, Che Guevara.
3. He now reaches 170 cm tall. But, he was very short and petite as a child. He is suffering from growth disorders, to have to get injections of growth hormone.
4. If he did not receive growth hormone, height now at just 140 cm.
5. Messi is diagnosed when abnormal growth was aged 11 years. At that time he entered the club Newell's Old Boys. He then joined giants Argentina, River Plate. However, River Plate mind paying $ 900 (about USD 8.1 million) per month.
6. Barcelona, who saw his talent, immediately recruited him. Barca director at the time, Carles Rexach even ready to pay for treatment of abnormal growth Messi, provided he and his family moved to Barcelona. Both parties agree, Messi moved to Barcelona.
7. Messi made his debut in the Primera Division when he was still 17 years and 144 days on October 16, 2004 against Espanyol.
8. Six months later, on May 1, 2005, he became the youngest player to score in Barcelona's Primera Division, when the club beat Albacete. Age Messi was 17 years, 10 months and 7 days. However, the record was later broken by Bojan Krkic after getting assists from Messi.
9. Although still young, the effect was immediate Messi. Barcelona also offers a new contract in September 2005. He also tied Barcelona until 2014.
10. In the 2005-06 season, Messi scored 6 goals in 17 appearances La Liga Primera Division. But, the action is halted due to injury on his right thigh muscle against Chelsea in the Champions League, March 2006. He did not again play until the season ends.
at 1:21 PM